SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Stopping printing if printer is off
- To: Mail List - SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Stopping printing if printer is off
- From: Andy Eager <eagera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Jul 20 17:03:02 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2) Gecko/20010702
A question regarding printing with lpd.
I notice that when a job is spooled to the lpd when the printer is
switched off, that lpd treats the printer as being ready to go. The
acct file shows the job as being started and completed in a very short
space of time.
There is no problem if the printer is powered on but offline.
I seem to remember that a switched off printer looked electrically like
one that was ready to go (busy line ??)
Is there any way to stop this behaviour ?