Re: [SLUG] What does "Segmentation fault core dumped" mean

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, blinddog wrote:

> I am trying to load a file into MySQL db with the following line
> mysql -D xxxxxxxxx -u xxxxxxx -p < nuke.sql
> and I get the response
> "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"
>
> I have done this before to load a db with tables and inserts etc and it
> worked, this time though it is not. Also it is not on my PC I am connected
> via SSH to my ISP where I have a BD already created and the user and w are
> set up and correct.

Try rebooting the machine concerned.

Often, this kind of error indicates some memory allocation stuff up, or
dead process interfering with what you want to do, and a reboot will clear
it.

Well, it's the only way *I* have found to clear it, anyways!

DaZZa