SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] tee(1): Pipe fitting.
- To: "Slug@slug. org. au (E-mail)" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] tee(1): Pipe fitting.
- From: Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Jul 19 17:55:02 2001
- Organization: Barrett Consulting Group Pty Ltd
- Reply-to: jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 02:05:25PM +0800, Visser, Martin (SNO) (Martin.Visser@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I guess in the 1st example, $jillslist is greedy and gobbles all of find's
> -print output leaving nothing for tee to eat.
Correct, redirection has to be greedy ;-))!
Otherwise you would still end up with stuff all over the screen if you
echo blah.foo > foo.bar
Isn't this the reason why tee was "invented" in the first place?
If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
__, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Technical Director
_ _.--'-n_/ Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L
-(_)------(_)= +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia