SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] X problem on optima laptop
- Subject: [SLUG] X problem on optima laptop
- From: Wayne Crich <waynus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat Jul 7 07:44:01 2001
- Cc: "slug@xxxxxxxxxxx" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Newsgroups: aus.computers.linux
I have just got a new optima a 1000 laptop. Naturally I thought it
needed Linux. I installed RH7-1 no problem. When I start x i get four
quadrants of the screen with a large black cross in the middle.
Everything works except I can't see it. If I run Xconfigurator it
detects an SiS 630 with the XF86_svga server and then tells me I have a
segmentation fault. I have no idea what monitor values to enter in
xf86config or what else to do.
Can anyone help ?
If I run