SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] FTP transfer
- To: Alister Waller <alister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] FTP transfer
- From: Mike Holland <myk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Jul 5 11:30:03 2001
- Cc: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Alister Waller wrote:
> Now, when I run this using a cron job:
> my log file consists of
> Interactive mode off.
So it looks like you script is being run. Does ftp connect to the server?
If something fails under cron, suspect environment vars.
Add something to the script to log them. But in this case, I dont think
Another difference is the lack of a controlling terminal. Ftp uses
terminal features. Nothing about that in the man page though. I recommend
trying a different FTP client. There are others around, and some are much
better, e.g. ncftp, wget.
Also, in scripts, crontabs, etc, remember to use full paths for
Mike Holland <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>