SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] From newbie to...
- To: Chris Barnes <Chris_Barnes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] From newbie to...
- From: Heracles <heracles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Jul 2 19:49:17 2001
- Cc: "'slug@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Chris Barnes wrote:
> I think a good area to start would be disk partitioning. I've tought a fair
> share of people how to install linux and the area they stumble on the most
> is partitioning.
The major reason they have problems is the difference between
distributions. For example - those that use the /opt directory need
either a separate partition for it or a very large / partition whereas
those that put software under /usr etc can get away with a small one.
SO yes, a talk on partitioning would be useful as long as it is NOT
hijacked by the poor deluded Debian junkies ;-P
A talk on the GIMP would also be useful.
Stay well and happy