SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Problems with useradd -p switch
- To: Laurie Savage <savage99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Problems with useradd -p switch
- From: Andrew Bennetts <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun Jul 1 16:53:01 2001
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.18i
On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 04:10:38PM +1000, Laurie Savage wrote:
> I am running a batch update of my users with a small script that includes
> useradd -m -p password -u uid login. The users get added with correct
> uid and correct login, but the password seems to get garbled.
> e.g useradd -m -p gtaskf23x -u 600 fred
> creates /home/fred, creates an account "fred" with uid 600, but we
> cannot login as "fred" with password gtaskf23x.