Re: [SLUG] [OT] Fixed IP ADSL

> Is there no way that the ADSL modem can be identified such that a lease of
> at least some duration can be assigned. I understand that with the bigpond
> direct service they will allow static IPs (?dhcp with permanent lease)

Pacific does allow static IPs as we have said. However everyone on Aust i
have heard of uses PPPoE which uses PPP to assign ips.
What i was trying to say is that its not DHCP at all. Hence there is no such
thing as leases. The PPP infrastructure (maybe RADIUS) will assign the ips.

Thats my small understanding of how it works at least :)

dave