SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] [OT] Fixed IP ADSL
- To: Richard Piper <rpiper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Ward <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] [OT] Fixed IP ADSL
- From: David Kempe <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Mar 2 19:04:02 2001
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> I understand this does not happen with the cable service
Yeah cable is not reliant on PPP for auth, so it can easily give you back the
same IP. Also it cable just doesn't disconnect no where near as much as ADSL.
My Telstra ADSL is waaay less stable than a Dingoblue dialup.
I dunno what i prefer anymore, stable 56K ($27/month) or unstable
Somewhere in between would be nice.