Re: [SLUG] mp32wav

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Rodos wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> >   mpg123 -w <wav file output> <input>.mp3
> >   cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=8 -pad -audio *.wav
>
> Thanks Jeff, thats exactly what I was looking for. One CD created and
> working just fine. No coasters here.

If you're looking for a nice GUI, gtoaster is nice. It stumped me the
first time I looked at it, until I figured out that everything is
dragon-drop ;)

Just drag an .mp3 or .wav file into the tracks list, and it will be
converted on the fly. Other filetypes can be added in the config, it just
needs to know the commands to determine track length and to convert to raw
PCM. Although I found out the other day that the "--stereo" option should
be added to the mpg123 command line to properly handle mono MP3's. I made
a coaster with double-speed Geeks in Space (slashdot crew) episodes :P

--
Ian Tester   *8)#          \7\    LINUX: because geeks will find a way