SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Setting up local user accounts on an intranet
- To: Trevor Gunter <tgunter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Setting up local user accounts on an intranet
- From: "Steve Kowalik" <stevenk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Feb 26 22:01:01 2001
- Cc: SLUG List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.15i
On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 06:36:16PM +1100, Trevor Gunter uttered:
> I keep getting permission denied.
> Where am I going wrong
Check the permissions on /home (which should be fine), /home/<user> and /home/<user>/public_html.
Permission modes you need are 755 for directories and 644 for files.
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> More Info: http://slug.org.au/lists/listinfo/slug
"I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding contest."