SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] 3Com 509B Options
- To: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] 3Com 509B Options
- From: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Feb 23 10:20:02 2001
- Reply-to: ken@xxxxxxxxxx (Ken Yap)
|The default settings for this module seems to be 10baseT as seen when
|doing a insmod.
|Any ideas of the module options string in conf.modules
|options 3c509 ???????
None should be used. The 509 is one of the few ISA cards where the
driver can autodetect the card settings. In fact, applying an option can
prevent the driver from running.
|BTW The ISA card does work when configure for 10BaseT , I just need to
|get it to use the BNC
To change the card settings, use the 3c5x9cfg program from 3com's web
site (DOS program, in a "disk" of config and diagnostic programs), or
use Donald Becker's Linux program.