Re: [SLUG] Email Programs

> Still, the most, *cough*, stable, *cough*, GUI
> threaded email reader I've used under Linux is
> Netscape/Mozilla. Hopefully Evolution will soon
> surpass that (I need it for work ppl!).

Now, if I could get the MAILER without all the browser-
crap overhead, I'd be interested....

> Check it out anyway, it's an apt-get away or at the
> Ximian (formerly  Helix-Code) site somewhere.

apt-get ??  One of those horrible debian-type
commands ??...:-)

> http://www.helixcode.com/
>
> On 16 Feb 2001 21:09:58 +1100, Jon Biddell wrote:
> > This old chestnut is rearing its' ugly head again...
> >
> > You will notice, from my headers, I'm using
Eudora... YES, I admit it
> > !!!  Under Win4Lin it actually works !!!
> >
> > While I wait in vain for Qualcomm to get of their
bums and produce a
> Linux
> > version, does anyone know of a Linux emailer that
will do the following;

> > 1. Handle sub-folders (i.e. I have all SLUG mail
sorted by moonth under
> one
> > SLUG folder, and seperate mail files within that)
> >
> > 2. Handle THREADED discussions (so the current
MS "Executive" email, for
> > example, can all be tracked in one "group")
> >
> > 3. Works under KDE2.
> >
> > The threading option is more important than
anything else, and I don't
> care
> > if I have to get mty email into an SQL database to
do it - I have HEAPS..

> > Jon
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
>       Craige.

It is irresponsible to connect a Windows machine to the
Internet...
                                         ...John
Wiltshire - SLUG 1999