SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: duplicate mail Re: [SLUG] Is Linus killing Linux?
- To: Some Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: duplicate mail Re: [SLUG] Is Linus killing Linux?
- From: James Wilkinson <jamesw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Feb 21 09:53:01 2001
- Reply-to: Some Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.12i
This one time, at band camp, Dave Fitch said:
>no, what happens for me is: the one from slug goes to my slug
>mailbox, ones sent directly to me go to my inbox. There's no
>duplicates and no lost email. The only hassle is you get some
>slug email in your inbox - but only ones sent directly to you
>(which makes sense).
What do you mean "no"? That's almost exactly the same setup as mine,
the only difference is I don't try to remove duplicates in procmail, I
try to prevent them by setting my reply-to header as the slug address
for slug mail. see previous mail for an example.
"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to using
(o_ ' Windows NT for mission-critical applications."
//\ -- What Yoda *meant* to say, Devin L. Ganger, scary.devil.monastery