Re: [SLUG] That somewhat theoretical problem.

This one time, at band camp, Jon Biddell said:
>start of crappy basic program
>for x = 1 to <some.big.number>
>	do something sensible here <I assume flag is set in here)
>	if flag = 1
>		exit
>	else
>	endif
>next x
>crappy basic program continues, with flag = 1

flag = 0
while flag = 0 do
	something
	if some-condition then flag = 1
end while

this way you don't run off the end of the for loop... the local
neighbourhood crax0r will be onto it in a second.

--
      "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to using
(o_ ' Windows NT for mission-critical applications."