From: slug-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:slug-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Rev Simon Rumble
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 11:02 AM
To: DaZZa
Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Is Linus killing Linux?

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 10:52:14AM +1100, DaZZa uttered:
> An interesting take on how the big boys see Linux developement.
>
> http://www.itnews.com.au/story.cfm?id=5450

Interesting:
"Some Linux solution providers view the constantly evolving process
 of the posting of Linux libraries, patches, and updates to the
 Internet as inefficient and cumbersome, Davison said."

Gee, it's worked until now and we have a good OS.  What's the problem?

I think if the commercial world were to take Linux and make their own
"commercially driven" kernel, that'd be cool.  Because of the GPL the
mainstream kernel could always plunder their good ideas.

--
Rev Simon Rumble        Current physical location: London, UK
simon@xxxxxxxxxx

Tempt me with a spoon!