Re: [SLUG] Antialiasing in X4.0.2

On Sunday 11 February 2001 15:58, Sonam Chauhan wrote:
> I have no idea  how to get this working (I've got X 4.0.2/KDE 2.0.1 but no
> AA) The following seems to suggest that , for KDE users, it may be as
> simple as a new version of QT:
>  http://news.gnome.org/gnome-news/981746971/981837995/981865603/index_html
>
> Is this accurate?

There is a patched version of Qt avaliable (check KDE sites) that adds the
required support. That patch isn't supported by Trolltech, however wait less
than a few weeks and Qt 2.3 will be released by Trolltech and it will support
AA text and a few other things.

Check out this screenshot of alpha-blending with X:
http://www.mq3.org/images/xrender.png

Regards
John