Re: [SLUG] Why do all mail servers suck? (Maildir + POP3)

Exim is cool as. www,exim.org.

crossfires persistance in bagging qmail is amusing though.

However the joy of opensource is choice. (be it license,
theory of implementation, debianization etc)

I think its silly to bitch about qmail's non-gpl license.
(personally im more a fan of BSD's freedom, as opposed to
GPL's maintained freedom)

Make a choice, play around, and before you get too annoyed with
unix MTA's, try MS exchange ;)

Dean

Crossfire wrote:

Rev Simon Rumble was once rumoured to have said:

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 12:26:22AM +1100, Jeff Waugh uttered:

I'm looking for other avenues before using qmail-pop3d, as I'm not fond of
the license, and for various reasons I'd prefer something supported by my
distribution.

What you mean there's a way of doing things that isn't the Bernstein
Way?  Wash your mouth out with soap son! 8)

Please do NOT get me started on djb's MTA stupidity again.  I've
already publically voiced my objections to qmail on this list.

Sendmail might no be the answer for most people, but qmail is hardly
the answer for anybody when we have exim, postfix and zmailer out
there too, all of which [to the best of my knowledge] behave far
better than qmail.

C.