Re: [SLUG] Why do all mail servers suck? (Maildir + POP3)

<quote who="Andrew Reilly">

> I thought that the server daemons were really nice, but all the
> IMAP _clients_ sucked...

Heh. They're getting better.

Slowly.

> What's the problem?  Doesn't it compile without the rest of the qmail
> stuff?

I'm looking for other avenues before using qmail-pop3d, as I'm not fond of
the license, and for various reasons I'd prefer something supported by my
distribution.

> What server are you using with maildirs if not qmail?

Courier-IMAP (which is very nice so far), with postfix as MTA.

- Jeff

-- jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

                    The Unix Way: Everything is a file.
                 The Linux Way: Everything is a filesystem.