[SLUG] Re: New Debian Convert

\begin{marty}
> i was a bit surprised by some of the junk that got installed... maybe i
> picked a few wrong options (using simple selection), but it just seemed to
> put some random packages on there as well...

yes, i've noticed that the tasks install some strange, extra stuff
and yet miss out on some standard stuff (like manpages..). i tend to
give systems a run through dselect (load up, go to "select", exit,
then install) just to suck in all the "standard" packages.

my general debian "install strategy" is to install as little as
possible first off, then install things as i realise i need
them. (compared to the common redhat strategy of installing everything
then removing things you don't need)

--
 - Gus