SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Sendmail - Spamming Problems
- To: Mike Holland <myk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Sendmail - Spamming Problems
- From: Marty <marty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Feb 8 13:55:02 2001
- Cc: "slug@xxxxxxxxxxx" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organisation: Australian Creative Computing Pty. Ltd.
- Reply-to: marty@xxxxxxxxxx
> QUESTION: How can I do spam-filtering in sendmail when calling it from
> 'fetchmail' ? Has anyone done this? Normal methods dont seem to work.
if your thinking about using maps/orbs/other blacklist it won't work...
they rely on denying connections from certain hosts...
your connections will be coming from fetchmail and hence 127.0.0.1
it is your isp or whoever is providing the pop box that needs to apply the
filtering for it to work...