Re: [SLUG] Sendmail - Spamming Problems

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 07:12:00AM +1000, Steven Kerr wrote:

> Question: What other configuration could I use to stop this spamming ?

deny his mailhost ( ip )

access-file
mailmx.e-kolay.net 550 Blocked, cause of neverending Spam
212.15.64.41 550 Spammers shan't see sunlight here
net-pa@ 550 Spammers shan't see sunlight here
.
.
.

I guess you tried to reach him by email/phone in order to stop
his spam report him as a spamer at abuse network, or add

FEATURE(dnsbl,`dul.maps.vix.com',`Please contact your ISP
$&{client_addr}; Your a registered Spam-Host')

to your sendmail.mc file if he's a registered spamer
see http://www.orbs.org www.mail-abuse.org

nice test you see if you mailserver is a 'secure'

telnet mail-abuse.org

amu

P.S. if somebody is interested my access.file ~1000 entries
     e-mail :)
--

"Denken und sein werden vom Widerspruch bestimmt". - Aristoteles
Public-gpg-Key: http://tr.debian.net/amu/amu.key