SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] gdm displays
- To: dmgray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] gdm displays
- From: "Ewing, Jeff" <jeff.ewing@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Feb 5 09:12:01 2001
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: "Ewing, Jeff" <jeff.ewing@xxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.12i
> I have read as much as I could on X, gdm, etc. and still cannot figure out
> how to do it, if it can be done.
1) Update /etc/gdm/gdm.conf:
Ensure in [xdmcp] section, Enable=1
2) Restart gdm on host machine
3) Check gdm access
From within X, "gdmchooser"
4) On client machine either:
a) outside of X :
"X -query host"
b) within X (requires Xnest ; for debian apt-get install xnest)
"Xnest :1 -query"