Re: [SLUG] MetaSLUG [Was: SLUG Activities]

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Terry Collins">
>
> > What a load of f%&king crap.
>
> Which, funnily enough, was somewhat based on comments you made a while ago.

Yep, if you are going to have one meeting, then have one list.
However, if someone wants to start a SIG, then let the sig have it's own
list.

> > There is already one, by invitation only, list of ex-sluggers operating
> > because these people were cheesed off with the noise on the Slug list.
>
> That disappoints me, especially given that no-one mentioned their discontent
> to the committee. If the preferred fix was to run away, tough biscuits; if
> they couldn't work within the group to make it better, even more so.

People have to realise that not everyone wants the same thing. These
people wanted a low noise list just about linux. They were not going to
get that on the Slug list. So they started their own.

They did not attempt to convert the Slug list to what they wanted. They
just realised that the old Slug list no longer existed and that the list
had changed irreversibly.

Other people also need to realise that Slug is now a multipart
organisation and not all the parts will go together well.

> If the preferred fix was to run away, tough biscuits; if
> they couldn't work within the group to make it better, even more so.

Open mouth, take one foot and shove hard.
They are mostly still around.

   email: terryc@xxxxxxxxxx  www: http://www.woa.com.au