RE: [SLUG] Segmentation Fault

Hehe (sorry) it reminds me of one of our PCs at home which had a memory
fault whenever it got hot.
1: If I typed a command that was intrinsic to the shell, fine.
2: If I typed a command that had to go to disk, find the program and load it
into memory, it segfaulted.
If I repeated 2: it didn't segfault the second time; it seemed I had to
rewrite the RAM a few times before it would stick.
3: It worked fine when it was cold.

Memory testing (especially upper memory) may be in order...

Regards,

Jill.

--
Jill Rowling, Snr Des. Eng. & Unix System Administrator
Eng. Systems Dept, Aristocrat Technologies Australia

 Executing "ps
> afx" will cause a
> segmentation fault. This will only occur if the machine is on
> for a while.

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.