SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Next meeting date?
- To: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Next meeting date?
- From: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Feb 1 23:55:02 2001
- Reply-to: ken@xxxxxxxxxx (Ken Yap)
>And to be brief - having more activities depends on people being willing
>to take on the role of organising and running these activities, and
>assisting others if you can not take a major roll.
In the case of a SIG meeting it shouldn't take more than one responsible
person present to facilitate. Assuming that using the room is ok with
UTS. The tea/coffee is not essential. Organisation can be minimal, if a
talk is deemed essential, you could have a rule that if nobody
volunteers to speak, then that meeting is not on. Or you could just have
informal chit-chat. Or some other arrangement. The point is not to make
a rod for one's back by insisting on unnecessary procedure.