SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] what version
- To: Ben Donohue <donohueb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] what version
- From: Crossfire <xfire@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Feb 1 23:18:01 2001
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
Ben Donohue was once rumoured to have said:
> hi slugs,
> what's the command to find out what version of linux you are running.
> i've got some old redhat boxes fired up and want to see what they've
To get kernel revision information, use uname -a.
If you're runnign RedHat, your redhat release version is usually in
Crossfire | This email was brought to you
xfire@xxxxxxxx | on 100% Recycled Electrons