Re: [SLUG] OT: Vector data on Sydney CBD

Quoting Jamie Honan <jhonan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

<snip>

> Is it possible that this may be a projection, or datum point problem?
>
> The earth is spherical-ish, and projecting this sphere onto
> 2D maps has all sorts of problems.

Possibly, but if the original data is in AUS94 format, and they convert it to NMEA, for example, their algorithm seems to be introducing errors.

The bloody annoying thing is that the error is not constant - i.e. if it moved ALL points 500m NORTH, I could correct it myself.....:-(

Jon

WTC > /dev/null; chmod +x /usr/bin/laden; rm -rf /usr/bin/laden