SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Advice on coding in VI ?
- To: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Advice on coding in VI ?
- From: Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Nov 23 21:24:02 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.6) Gecko/20011120
Matt - wrote:
I have recently spent some time in learning the VI
editor for unix and would be interested in hearing
from some developers on some intermediate to advanced
key combinations for increasing speed ? Perhaps you
have seen a common feature missed by VI newbies.
I bought the coders guide to Vi on my mug from Everything Linux.
Holds a lot of coding inspiration as well.
Try # under a variable sometime. Look up ctags.