SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] CD ROM Burners
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] CD ROM Burners
- From: Keiran Sweet <keiranj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat Nov 17 16:46:02 2001
- Reply-to: keiranj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2) Gecko/20010726 Netscape6/6.1
I bought myself a Sony 12x/8x/32x IDE burner the other day and have been
really happy with its performance, under RH 7.1, its quick and reliable.
Its support under Mandrake should be fine also.
The thing to remember with IDE burners is to have the device claimed by
the ide-scsi driver upon boot by passing the correct paramters to the
kernel upon boot.
in my situation my ide burner (hdd) is claimed via
boot: linux hdd=ide-scsi
dmesg also shows the following:
keiran@Mortesia$ dmesg |grep scsi
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=linux ro root=305
scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
All the information you need can be found in the CD-Writing HOW-TO at
All the best,
Nicholas Tomlin wrote:
Could a kind soul please advise which of the CD ROM burners is compatible
with Linux - Mandrake 7.2?
Your assistance will be very much appreciated.