Re: [SLUG] CD ROM Burners

Hi,
I bought myself a Sony 12x/8x/32x IDE burner the other day and have been really happy with its performance, under RH 7.1, its quick and reliable.
Its support under Mandrake should be fine also.

The thing to remember with IDE burners is to have the device claimed by the ide-scsi driver upon boot by passing the correct paramters to the kernel upon boot.

in my situation my ide burner (hdd) is claimed via
boot: linux hdd=ide-scsi

dmesg also shows the following:

keiran@Mortesia$ dmesg |grep scsi
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=linux ro root=305 BOOT_FILE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2-2 hdd=ide-scsi
ide_setup: hdd=ide-scsi
scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
keiran@Mortesia$

All the information you need can be found in the CD-Writing HOW-TO at linuxdoc.org -->

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWT

All the best,

Keiran

Nicholas Tomlin wrote:

Hello All,

Could a kind soul please advise which of the CD ROM burners is compatible with Linux - Mandrake 7.2?

Your assistance will be very much appreciated.

TIA

Nicholas Tomlin.