[SLUG] PostScript to PDF via virtual printer

Just stumbled over this too, last night.  It avoids the need to buy
expensive PDF creation software from Adobe.

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue72/bright.html

 -- How to use Linux, Samba, and Ghostscript to provide a PDF creation service to
both Windows and Linux users.

I think the main problem is that unless your PostScript generation supports
PDFmarks (I think that's what they're called, though I don't know
anything about them - probably comments in the PS output to give
hints to the convertor), you don't get the "table of contents" / "explorer
view" of your PDF document, used for easy navigation in the left pane of
your PDF viewer.

luke