SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] GUI standard question: Button label changes
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] GUI standard question: Button label changes
- From: Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Nov 14 19:57:01 2001
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.23i
Have a question to see if anyone knows what the standard behaviour
should be in a GUI application. I've seen both out there.
You have a button. The label on the button changes each time you
click it. eg, let's say it changes a select list from [All] to
[Today]. Now the button could have two very different behaviours:
1) It shows the current state, ie when it says [All] that means all
the items are displayed.
2) It shows what the button will do to the list, ie when is says [All]
it means it is currently showing just Today and when you click the
button it will display All.
So what is the standard? Is there one?
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>