SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Bootable CD with XFS support.
- To: SLUG List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Bootable CD with XFS support.
- From: Steve Downing <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Nov 14 18:05:02 2001
OK, so I b0rked up. Somehow I've got the laptop into an unbootable
state, (un)funnily enough without having a suitable rescue option.
Lilo now hangs at LI and since the floppy drive is busted, I need a
bootable CD. The tricky part is getting one with XFS in the kernel,
since I only days ago converted my / partition. I'm not sure how it
ended up like this, BIOS drive settings don't affect it, and I can't
remember forgetting to run lilo, but it was late when I turned it off.
So, dear Sluggers, I am looking for either
1) good instructions on creating a suitable bootable CD,
2) a small downloadable ISO image,
3) some other way of getting hold of one ( LinuxCare CD? )
Bear in mind, I haven't even looked into installing 'cdrecord' or
whatever, since I only just got a burner.... (thankfully, it would
URL's, quick pointers, whatever, GRATEFULLY accepted.
Flames to /dev/null, they couldn't be worse than what I said to myself