SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Email client recommendations
- To: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Email client recommendations
- From: Laurie Savage <savage99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun Sep 30 13:10:02 2001
Lately there has been some discussion of email clients. I have been
looking for a replacement to Kmail for my wife's business. I've played
around with Mahogany, Balsa, Stuphead, Aethera & Evolution but haven't
had much luck.
bigpHere are my requirements:
* Easy viewing of graphics and HTML
* be able to use sendmail rather than SMTP sever - ie prepare and send
offline for a later scheduled connection.
(Mahogany/Stuphead/Aethera/Evolution fail this one)
* Exportable/Printable address book (Kmail fails badly here, Mahogany
* Support Group aliases for sending (Kmail fails, Mahogany is nice)
* Display a group in the header as "Undisclosed Recipients" or "Members"
instead of a list of recipients. (?)
* Reliability! (Kmail and Pine are the real winners here)
* Support for existing /var/mail/user boxes.
* GPL/GNU/GNOME would be nice
What do people recommend? PLz, not Mutt or Pine - I'd have a divorce on my