SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Mozilla & Java 2 plug-in
- To: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Mozilla & Java 2 plug-in
- From: Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Sep 28 21:49:01 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.4+) Gecko/20010914
Andy Eager wrote:
Mozilla 0.9.2 was a dud (as stated elsewhere) moz 0.9.4 is the current
and it is the real article. The issue with flash was resolved in 0.9.3
by the way. I use it exclusively now for netbanking and other things.
I now use it at work on Doze because IE is chucking a wobbly on my PC
that a reinstall and 7 reboots wont fix.
I've been trying to use the Mozilla web browser (0.9.2) for some time
and find that with some sites (particularly net-banking) I'm told I
need to get Java 2. After downloading the appropriate plug-in, the
installation comes back with "Unable to install - Error 202". I've
tried a few times and each time with the same result.
Interestingly enough, the web sites that reckon they need Java 2 all
seem to work ok anyway and those that don't I use ye old faithful
PS: Maybe 10 reboots!!!