Re: [SLUG] presentation software

On 28 Sep, Broun, Bevan wrote:
> on Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 02:29:58PM +1000, James Peter Gregory <jgre4014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've been asked to give a talk about some stuff to do with 'ecommerce' and
>> the so-called 'internet' and stuff and I'd like to be able to give such a
>> presentation on a linux system so that I can run apache and mozilla and
>> stuff during the presentation. (entirely separate from the fact that I can't
>> stand windows)
>
> Why dont you do the presentation in html using apache and mozilla?

Yup, it's a good idea! That's what I did for my agenda talk for SLUG
and I've also seen quite a few other presentations done in HTML.

Make sure you do the yellow on blue font thingy, I got complaints that
my white on blue wasn't so readable :)

I found kpresenter tended to crash in stupid moments, and
magic/eke-point wasn't so good for the "Oh shit I have a talk in two
hours" :)

Catie

--
<Styx> Quoth the raven, /ignore