Re: [SLUG] Integrated motherboards

Minh Van Le wrote:

> My aim is to save money by purchasing PCs w/integrated motherboards
> instead of the alternative.

Just 2c

Yes, up front you can save money, if Linux works on all the components
and will continue to work with all components in future

I prefer to keep everything separate as this gives everything maximum
life (all my systems are 486 + Pentium, except one) and is thus cheaper
in the long run.

Another gotcha is whether you can fully disable a component on the
motherboard. In the past this has been a touchy issue on some
motherboards. Where I would probably trial and leave these combo boards
in on www, mail, dns, etc servers, where I don't want graphics, just
text and network.

   email: terryc@xxxxxxxxxx  www: http://www.woa.com.au
   Wombat Outdoor Adventures <Bicycles, Books, Computers, GIS>