Re: [SLUG] Integrated motherboards

Minh Van Le wrote:

....snip...

> My aim is to save money by purchasing PCs w/integrated motherboards
> instead of the alternative.

Just 2c

Yes, up front you can save money, if Linux works on all the components
and will continue to work with all components in future
upgrades/distros.

I prefer to keep everything separate as this gives everything maximum
life (all my systems are 486 + Pentium, except one) and is thus cheaper
in the long run.

Another gotcha is whether you can fully disable a component on the
motherboard. In the past this has been a touchy issue on some
motherboards. Where I would probably trial and leave these combo boards
in on www, mail, dns, etc servers, where I don't want graphics, just
text and network.

   email: terryc@xxxxxxxxxx  www: http://www.woa.com.au
   Wombat Outdoor Adventures <Bicycles, Books, Computers, GIS>