SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] (non) greediness in regexp ...
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] (non) greediness in regexp ...
- From: Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Sep 19 11:40:02 2001
- Organization: Barrett Consulting Group Pty Ltd
- Reply-to: jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 04:43:06PM +1000, Mikolaj J. Habryn (dichro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 04:30:30PM +1000, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> > ".*@.*"
> > I want to match only the last quoted string eg ".*@.*
> > where the " is the last before the @
You win :-))
Could you explain? I did some reading (I have Jeffrey Friedl's RegExp book)
but dont understand how your regexp works.
If you want something done, forbid your children from doing it.
__, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Technical Director
_ _.--'-n_/ Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L
-(_)------(_)= +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia