SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ipchains logging to console
- To: dopey <matth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ipchains logging to console
- From: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Sep 14 16:31:02 2001
- Cc: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, SLUG Mailing List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: IMP/PHP IMAP webmail program 2.2.4
No, suslogd is running OK because it is still logging to disk as well as to the
other machine, and now also to console.
Quoting dopey <matth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote...
> : ipchains on my gateway has suddenly taken to logging to the console.
> : The syslog.conf file has the standard settings, but these are also
> mirrored to
> : log to another machine as well.
> : The standard logging is happening, as is the logging to the other
> machine, but
> : additionally there is this logging to console.
> : According to syslog.conf the only logging to console should be *.emerg
> : Has anyone any suggestions as to why, or how I can find out what is
> : ipchains to do this?
> : Howard.
> This happens to me when syslogd dies- check to mske sure it can start
> I've had a few things inhibit this - such as a broken syslog.conf and
> disk space free.
LANNet Computing Associates <http://lannetlinux.com>
"...well, it worked before _you_ touched it!"
This mail sent through IMP: mail.lannet.com.au