SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] pop3/imap4 ability to delete "old" mail
- To: Peter Rundle <peter.rundle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] pop3/imap4 ability to delete "old" mail
- From: eurk-dsl <eurk-dsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Sep 10 18:03:02 2001
- Organization: Eureka IT
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux 2.2.17-21mdk i686; en-US; rv:0.9.1) Gecko/20010607
1) You have a permenant connection, apache.
2) you can get the mail to a maildir locally (fetchmail?). (I use
postfix thanks to sluggers suggestions but that is over-kill for a POP
then you could use sqwebmail to read it IMAP-wise.
It works well and is very fast. IMAP enables you to read it from lots of
mail clients and the web.