Re: [SLUG] extracting a single file from an rpm

you should be able to just untar an rpm i believe.

so hello tar options

Dean

Bevan Broun wrote:
on Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 02:53:35PM +1100, Booth, Christopher (Aus) - ATP <Christopher.Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is this possible to extract a single file from an rpm package

Yes - you need to use rpm2cpio and the extract from the cpio stream.

rpm2cpio File.rpm | cpio -t
rpm2cpio File.rpm | cpio --some-options-to-extract filename

BB

--
As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and this we should do freely and generously.
	- Benjamin Franklin