SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] extracting a single file from an rpm
- To: brounb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] extracting a single file from an rpm
- From: Dean Hamstead <deanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Aug 31 14:38:02 2001
- Cc: "Booth, Christopher (Aus) - ATP" <Christopher.Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'slug@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: PCL
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.3) Gecko/20010801
you should be able to just untar an rpm i believe.
so hello tar options
Bevan Broun wrote:
on Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 02:53:35PM +1100, Booth, Christopher (Aus) - ATP <Christopher.Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is this possible to extract a single file from an rpm package
Yes - you need to use rpm2cpio and the extract from the cpio stream.
rpm2cpio File.rpm | cpio -t
rpm2cpio File.rpm | cpio --some-options-to-extract filename
As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously.
- Benjamin Franklin