From: Jill Rowling [mailto:Rowling@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 12:53 PM
To: Slug (E-mail)
Subject: [SLUG] Remote X login on RH 7.1

Hi all,

I've just set up a small server for some engineers here. We are planning to
have two or three people using the thing for digital FPGA simulations.
Hardware is Intel (Coppermine); OS is RH 7.1.

So far I have been able to set it up OK with telnet but am presently having
some difficulty with X11.
The engineers are using Hummingbird Exceed on NT.

I haven't used xinetd before and it's a bit different to what I'm used to...
however I think I have enabled all the services I need, and did a kill -USR1
[pid for xinetd].

Here are the logs from my attempted X login (from a Hummingbird-initiated
session):
Aug 31 12:16:06 rb-01120 in.rexecd[1310]: connect from rb-01103.ali
Aug 31 12:16:06 rb-01120 in.rexecd[1310]: login from rb-01103.ali as rowling

but the display never makes it to the Hummingbird session.

I'm using the same Hummingbird setup as I do for the Suns, and they have no
problem with it.

What do you think I may have omitted?

Regards,

Jill
--
Jill Rowling, Snr Des. Eng. & Unix System Administrator
Eng. Systems Dept, Aristocrat Technologies Australia

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.