SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Microsoft to get Subpoena's in FrontPage "hack" case
- To: Tony Green <tgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Microsoft to get Subpoena's in FrontPage "hack" case
- From: Stephen Robert Norris <srn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Aug 28 13:28:01 2001
- Cc: jon@xxxxxxxxx, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Organisation: Farrow Norris Pty Ltd
- Reply-to: srn@xxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 01:20:37PM +1000, Tony Green wrote:
> * This one time, at band camp, jon@xxxxxxxxx said:
> > OK, it's a little OT, but potentially VERY ineresting
> > to the Linux community. Aparently this guy was
> > browsing the web site of his local paper, when he
> > accidently hit the EDIT button in FrontPage - this
> > would (usually) make a local copy of the page for the
> > user to play with.
> > But in this case, it let him EDIT the LIVE pages - he
> > phoned the paper to tell them that their server had
> > problems and the FBI arrested him !!!
> > Read the whole story at
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/21288.html
> > Jon
> I do so hope that you know this is a comedy site.....
The Register? It does tend to go for a comic slant sometimes,
but it's all real news...
Stephen Norris srn@xxxxxxxxx
Farrow Norris Pty Ltd +61 417 243 239