Re: [SLUG] Laugh at Jeff!

> > <quote who="Anand Kumria">

> >   http://www.abc.net.au/rn/science/buzz/audio/buzz_27082001_2856.ram

> A wget only returns a file containing:

> [wildfire@ftoomsh wildfire]$ cat buzz_27082001_2856.ram
> rtsp://media1.abc.net.au/rn/mod/buzz_27082001_2856.rm
> http://abc.net.au/streaming/apol/apol.smi

> Is there some (simple) way to download the audio rather than streaming it?

Doesn't look like it. I did a web search and the guy who wrote curl
(a wget like program which currently supports http(s?), ftp, telnet, ldap,
gopher, dict, file) was thinking about adding support for it (someone
offered money at cosource.com); apparently realservers tend to fail
mysteriously unless the client is a real player. The IETF or someone
with some sort of authority should make any network format
download-to-local-file-for-later-viewing friendly. I can somehow fail
to see that happening with all the DMCA business that goes on these days.

Cheers,
Stuart.