SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Failed dependency...but its there!
- To: <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Failed dependency...but its there!
- From: "Dr Peter Tylee" <Peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Aug 23 18:19:02 2001
- Organization: Applying Knowledge Pty Ltd
- Reply-to: "Dr Peter Tylee" <Peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I am trying to install a package using rpm and it fails like
[root@murray i386]# rpm -ivh sqwebmail-3.0.0-1.7.1.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
/usr/local/bin/perl is needed by
but /usr/local/bin/perl does exist and I use it there
regularly with assorted scripts.
Could it be that there is some PATH environment variable
that only knows about the default RH7.1 /usr/bin/perl (that
I also have)? The scripts have an explicit path to perl
statement when they find /usr/local/bin/perl and maybe rpm
uses some PATH statement. That's the only thing I can think
of. If so, where would I look or how could I set it to
include the other perl? Of course, if there's an even more
obvious solution I wouldn't mind hearing that too ;-)
Any help much appreciated. TIA