SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] vmlinux vs vmlinuz
- To: Some Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] vmlinux vs vmlinuz
- From: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Aug 22 05:34:02 2001
- Reply-by: Sat Aug 25 05:20:19 EST 2001
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.20i
This one time, at band camp, Bevan Broun wrote:
>I had thought taht vmlinux was compressed with the gzip method and vmlinuz
>was compressed with the bzip method. not %100 on that.
Nope, they're both gzipped, the 'b' signified 'big zimage', and has extra
code to bootstrap the larger kernel.
<Balial> This port may thing it's fortified, butt I seem to be mounting
a pretty good assault