SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Local Apt cache and keyboard bell.
- To: Nick Croft <nicko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Local Apt cache and keyboard bell.
- From: Tony Green <tgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Aug 17 19:06:02 2001
- Cc: Steven downing <steven.downing@xxxxxxxxxxx>, SLUG@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.20i
* This one time, at band camp, Nick Croft said:
> apt-move, I believe, though I've never figured out how to use it.
> I think Herbert Xu is the maintainer.
Apt-move will do it, but apt-proxy is a better bet for those on a dialup
It downloads required packages and keeps them for a period of time after
their last access time (useful for roll backs etc).
I've just finished setting it up - let me know if you need a hand.
GnuPG Key : 1024D/B5657C8B
Key fingerprint = 9ED8 59CC C161 B857 462E 51E6 7DFB 465B B565 7C8B
Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation
-Alan Cox 04/05/2001