RE: [SLUG] Configging a HP5si Printer under Linux

You can configure HP5si's via telnet... just telnet to the IP address (old
one I guess if the new one isn't working); hit return twice then a ? to get
a list of available commands.

Of course it's it's TCP/IP interface isn't working at all then you're
reduced to doing it manually from the keypad on the printer which can be
tedious... getting a 128 into a subnet mask for example involves a lot of
tapping "+"

S.   :)

> Has anyone been able to config a HP5si (MIO interface) under
> Linux?. My
> new toy is failing to obediently pick up its new IP address. I would
> prefer to not have to use a other OS utility.

PLEASE NOTE:

This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, you must not use,
disclose or print this transmission and you should delete it from your
system.