Re: [SLUG] Printing question, with irritation.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 02:28:14PM +1000, Bill Bennett wrote:
> I dvips'd it --> .ps file
> I'd like to print it on two sides of the paper.
> Portrait, single column. Pages of a book. Should be no problem.
> The printer is a Konica. It *can* do double sided printing.

As far as I know printer options such as this must be set in the driver.
When yo setup the printer with apsfilterconfig or whatever see if there is
an option to set duplex and create a "printer with duplexing" entry for
printcap. Eg you might have then the folloing printers:
lp
lp_withdup

I am currently looking at printers to buy and may have this problem myself
soon. I look forward to how you solve it. :-)

Mike
--
Men of peace usually are [brave]. -- Spock, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5

Michael Lake, University of Technology, Sydney
Work: Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02 9514 1628
Home: http://www.speleonics.com.au
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything technical.