SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Tape drives
- To: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Tape drives
- From: Peter Rundle <peter.rundle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Aug 16 08:56:01 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.3) Gecko/20010803
Anyway, its generally bad, and the whole thing with Companies citing
2:1 compression ratios when listing device capacity is bulltwang and
is quite dishonest IMO
Ahmem to that. When I buy a 9Gb disk I get a 9gb disk I don't get some
bulltwang about it being 18Gb if I put a compressed file system on it.
But tapes, lying hounds!